The most effective curriculum for learners in your school is one that is custom-designed for them.
At a time when new statutory national curriculum requirements are being introduced in England, with a major review taking place in Wales, we need to remember that it is memorable learning experiences created by enthusiastic, talented teachers that brings learning to life.
Most of us have at least one memory of irresistible learning from our own time as students. Sometimes those experiences are life-changing, perhaps leading to a career choice or a lifelong love of literature, art, sport, languages or nature.
- What is your most memorable learning experience?
- What was it about the experience you recall that made the learning irresistible?
- How could we design experiences to include the elements that make learning irresistible?
They have been designed to recognise that teachers are time poor and teaching is target heavy; the programme has been designed to allow you to dip in flexibly, or to work through all eight units for deeper professional development and reflection. Above all, it has been designed to empower teachers and to help you to inspire learners.
Many individual teachers and teams within schools have already been inspired by the project. We hope even more teachers and school leaders will continue to use the materials to reflect upon their curriculum, and above all, to reclaim the curriculum for teachers, learners and communities.
Attend a CPD event on curriculum design
Do you want to design an engaging, student led curriculum? Attend a one day CPD event from the NUT and the Curriculum Foundation.
- Tuesday 7 October, Bristol, Tony Benn House, Victoria Street, Bristol BS1 6AY
- Tuesday 14 October, Leeds, Novotel, 4 Whitehall Quay, Leeds LS1 4HR
- Tuesday 21 October, London, Mander Hall, Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, London WC1H 9BD